ZACC LAUNCHES 5 YEAR STRATEGIC ROAD MAP

Zimbabwe Anti-Corruption Commission (ZACC) has launched a five-year strategic plan in a bid to end and combat all forms of corruption in Zimbabwe by the year 2025.

Speaking on a media round table about corruption in partnership with Transparency International Zimbabwe at the Holiday Inn which ran under the theme “The fight against graft in Zimbabwe ZACC pledged to leave no stone unturned in investigating and preventing corruption in the country.

The five-year strategic plan also aims at obtaining the vision 2030 of Zimbabwe achieving an upper-middle-class economy. The program is slated from 2020 to 2025.


“Some of the expenses needed for boosting operational tools and more staff especially in the investigating unit by  securing highly qualified personnel to unpack financial transactions and complex procurement Programmes”

ZACC’s spokesperson John Makamure said the vision of the 5-year strategic plan was to promote citizens and institutions to uphold the integrity and good governance for a corruption-free Zimbabwe by 2030.

“Corruption has devastating social and economic effects so the poor performance of the economy is also attributed to high levels of corruption so if we successfully fight corruption we can achieve vision 2030.” He said

For the strategic plan to become a reality the commission needs funding of about ZWL100 million to cover for all the expenses.

Financial resources allocation for the execution of their mandate

“Some of the expenses needed for boosting operational tools and more staff especially in the investigating unit by  securing highly qualified personnel to unpack financial transactions and complex procurement Programmes”

60% of the funds on the required budget will be channeled towards the investigation of corruption and the remaining 40% towards the prevention of corruption.

The five-year strategic budget has seen an increase of ZWL67 million from the 2019 budget of ZWL43 million to ZWL100 million in 2020.

Leave a comment